Sunday 3 October 2010

Is a land raider the way to go?

Musing over some other ideas yesterday, got me thinking about land raiders. I decided that while they're pretty cool, they're too expensive. After discussing with a friend about which land raider to take I decided on a crusader pattern. This is what I came up with as a list.

Captain, power sword, digital weapons =125
command squad, power fist, standard bearer, storm shield, storm bolter, power sword =178
Tactical squad =170
Tactical squad =170
Tactical squad =170
land speeder, multi melta =60
land speeder, multi melta =60
land speeder, multi melta =60
Land raider Crusader =250
Land raider Crusader =250
total =1498
While this list may not be really competitive, it fulfils my criteria for background: A command squad of unique individuals, the crusaders ramming into enemy lines and disgorging troops as land speeders soar over head.



After reading an article about vindicators which can be found here, I thought about a list containing 3 of them.

Captain, power wep, artificer =130
command squad, power fist, standard bearer, storm shield, storm bolter, power sword, plasma pistol =193
rhino =35
10 tactical marines, drop pod =205
10 tactical marines, drop pod =205
10 tactical marines, rhino =205
land speeder, multi melta =60
land speeder, multi melta =60
land speeder, multi melta =60
vindicator =115
vindicator =115
vindicator =115
total 1498
this list is more competitive I feel with the marines either dropping in or charging forwards in rhinos, the lan speeders melting tanks and the vindicators pummeling anything in range. As always let me know what you think, comments and critiscisms welcome and wanted. Chack out the earlier posts for my current list and other ideas.
Ko'vash

No comments:

Post a Comment